Can Infertility be cured? – Know how!
“A good many of couples often have a worrying question that “can infertility be cured?” so answer depends on the factor affecting their fertility. Some factors can be corrected by fertility treatments so couples become capable of conceiving naturally.”
There are some factors of infertility which cannot be corrected anyhow but can be treated. However, with the scientific breakthrough of assisted reproduction technique (ART), couples can conceive. One out of the eight couples are unable to conceive for a long time a year or over though having regular unprotected sex. Then, It can be acknowledged as you are suffering from infertility.
Infertility can be classified as primary or secondary; one who had never conceived is primary whereas the one who already has a child but unable to conceive from then is secondary. Mostly people are able to conceive through assisted reproductive techniques as myriad factors are there which can’t be cured but can be treated through fertility treatments.
Why do people suffer from infertility?
There are numerous biological factors affecting fertility but nowadays people become victim of infertility due to desk-bound lifestyle where they lack in physical exercise which hands them out infertility. Sedentary lifestyle also affects male and female biologically. Possible factors affecting fertility are discussed as below,
|Factor affecting female fertility||Factor affecting male fertility|
|· Age related Factor||· Age related Factor|
|· Damage or blockage in fallopian tube||· Damage or blockage in testicles|
|· Problem with egg quality and count||· Abnormal shape and low motility of sperm|
|· Ovulation disorder||· Varicoceles|
|· Uterine or cervical abnormalities||· Erectile dysfunction|
|· Hormonal Abnormalities||· Retrograde ejaculation|
|· Endometriosis||· Genetic Condition|
|· Unexplained infertility||· Unexplained infertility|
|· Sedentary life style||· Lifestyle choice|
|· Addictions: Smoking, drugs, alcohol, caffeine, tobacco||· Addictions: Smoking, drugs, alcohol, caffeine, tobacco|
How is Female infertility treated?
In most cases of female, doctors never offer cure, but offer treatments because infertility factors in female mostly can’t be cured but can be treated. Structural problems in female can be corrected through minor surgery by operative laparoscopy and operative hysteroscopy while need of hormonal medications for other issues. However, initially doctor will recommend fertility medications which are for around 3 months based on your reports. After taking medicines, you need to try to conceive naturally by having intercourse on doctor’s recommendation. If you still fail to conceive, then there are following treatments which will help you to conceive.
- IVF (In-Vitro Fertilization): It is an assisted reproductive procedure whereby fertilization is done at the laboratory outside the body by combining sperm of the male and egg of the female in culture dish or test-tube. When the embryo gets mature, subsequently it is implanted in the uterus of the women.
- IUI (Intrauterine Insemination): This is recommended to those who have mild fertility issues. In this, specially washed sperms are directly placed in the uterus of the women when she is ovulating. The injection of HCG (Human chorionic gonadotropins) is given to the woman in order to trigger ovulation.
- ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection): This is also an artificial insemination procedure, whereby sperm is directly injected into the mature egg and when result into embryo, later transferred into the womb of the woman through cervix.
- Blastocyst culture: In blastocyst culture, embryo is kept for 5 days under observation in IVF laboratory and on the 5th day, it is transferred into the uterus of the woman. Moreover, It reduces the risk of multiple pregnancies.
- Laser Assisted Hatching: It makes the embryo easier to hatch by creating an opening into outer shell know as zone pellucida. Laser assisted hatching increases the pregnancy rate. Moreover, it also increases implantation rates.
- GIFT (gamete intra fallopian tube transfer) and ZIFT (Zygote Intrafallopian transfer): Akin to IVF, egg and sperms are retrieved and later combine them in the laboratory. In GIFT, sperms and egg are mixed together and afterwards that gamete is to be transferred into the fallopian tube. Whereas in ZIFT, fertilized egg is transferred in the fallopian tube within a day that stage is called zygote.
How is male infertility treated?
Male and female both are equally responsible for pregnancy. Men also suffer from infertility, but can be treated by following ways,
- Surgery: If there is any blockage or obstruction in vas deferens then, it can be corrected by minor surgery. Some men are suffering from varicoceles., dilation of the vein in the testicles. Because of this, they produce low sperm count and sperm with abnormal shape. Varicoceles is the result of higher temperature in testicles which can be corrected by cutting the veins connected to varicoceles.
- IVF/IUI: these are assisted reproductive techniques whereby mixing the high-quality sperms with eggs in order to get healthy embryo and later transferred into uterus of the women. Sometimes, high-quality sperms are directly placed in the uterus which hands out great chances of pregnancy.
- ICSI: In some cases, sperms cannot penetrate into the egg so, they are directly injected in the mature egg and when they result into healthy embryo, afterwards transferred into the uterus of Doctors recommend this, when male infertility is the main factor.
- TESE/Micro TESE: when sperms are not obtained naturally, they are retrieved directly from the testicles by making a small incision in it. In order words, it is a sperm retrieval procedure.
In very rare case- In spite of undergoing myriad fertility treatments, couples failed to conceive. Then, one of the best options is surrogacy. It is a legal agreement between the commissioning couples and surrogate mother whereby surrogate agrees to carry a baby of intended parents for nine months with certain considerations. Nowadays, people choose surrogacy as with the passage of time, this became so easy. Even, you can have your own biological child through surrogacy. We offer surrogacy at affordable cost. Furthermore! From well-matched surrogate to the delivery of your little one, we provide the whole package.
“We totally understand and accept that this might be puzzling or mystifying for any one with infertility to choose treatment for himself or herself. Well, this is obvious. But you don’t dwell on it, our fertility specialists are right here at Sneh Hospital will guide you. From Screening to your successful treatment, all your worries are ours. If you are longing to have your own baby soon, we don’t keep our valuable patients waiting. Unite yourself with us to your beautiful parenthood journey. Always here to hear you!”