How to prepare yourself before IVF? – Things to keep in mind!
Congratulations! Finally, you have made a decision and mustered yourself up for this battle. You might be feeling anxious or curious to know how this process will go? Will it be successful? How do I prepare myself before IVF? What should I keep in mind before this treatment?
Don’t worry! You can catch out all the answers to your questions straightaway in this article!
Checklist Before undergoing IVF Treatment
What you need to keep in your mind is that mental health is as important as physical health. You need to cater every factor relating to your body. Go through the tips below,
Wait! Before that, have you completed these steps?
- Complete physical examination of couple
- Medical check-up & Diagnosis of couple
- Discussion regarding you and your partner’s medical history
After that, you need to follow below things,
- Balanced and Healthy Diet: Health is above everything. Either you are preparing yourself for undergoing IVF or not, you must have healthy and balanced diet. You have to consume all the nutrients such as carbohydrate, protein, fat, vitamins and minerals in right proportion. Moreover, switch yourself to low fat dairy products and eat fresh vegetables and fruits. Try to include wholegrains to your diet. What more, say no to salt and add herbs and spices for flavor instead.
- Water Intake: we often forget, how important water is for our body. Drink plenty of water even if you don’t feel thirsty.
- Mild workout: You need to do some exercises but that doesn’t mean you have to go to the gym and lifting weights. Jogging, walking, yoga would be the perfect one. Running is not recommended as it might be disruptive. Along with that, try to do breathing exercise as it is super important to eliminate stress hormones from your body.
- Steer clear of: smoking, alcohol, drugs, caffeine and anything that affects your body in an adverse way. Even if you are not planning right now to get pregnant, you should avoid as it will create harmful impact in near future.
- Maintaining Healthy weight: If your body mass index is over 30, then it falls into the category of obese i.e., or overweight which will make it difficult to monitor your ovaries during your treatment. In case, your Body Mass Index is below 18-19, you will be considered as underweight will which make it difficult to maintain proper hormone level and produce quality eggs. make sure you get a healthy weight.
- Boost sperm quality and count: Yes, you can increase your sperm count and sperm quality by taking COQ10 enzyme. It is mostly present in spinach, cauliflower, broccoli, beef, chicken, oranges, strawberries and many more. If you are a man, consume the food rich in COQ10, this will boost the production of quality sperms.
- Get enough sleep: try to take quality sleep as it directly influences sex glands, sperm production and ovulation. keep all the electronics out of your room and make your bedroom a peaceful one. Make a sleeping schedule for yourself, if you stick to the time like sleeping and waking up at the same time then, it will be super beneficial.
- Take Prescribed vitamins: Among all the vitamins, vitamin D is the most recommended especially, when you are preparing yourself for IVF Treatment. Vitamin D is mostly found in Banana, oranges, cheese, yolk, red meat, oily fish etc.
- Reduce stress: If you take stress then it will influence your body in an adverse way. It creates direct impact on hormone level. Well, it is obvious to feel various emotions at one time at this situation but try to deal with the stress and eliminate stress hormones by meditation, yoga and interacting with your favorite people.
If you still want to know more, then, At Sneh Hospital we offer counselling by our experienced fertility specialists. Whatever questions or queries you have, will be cleared at the moment. We don’t keep our patients waiting too long to meet our specialists. Connect us when you are in doubt or have any problem regarding infertility!