MINI-IVF (MINIMAL STIMULATION IVF) ?
- Mini-IVF, or minimal stimulation IVF, is an infertility treatment similar to standard IVF, but uses less medication to stimulate the woman’s ovaries.
- Because fewer eggs are retrieved and thus fewer chances for embryos to develop, mini-IVF is less effective than standard IVF.
- But it can be the better option for certain women, such as those with low ovarian reserve or those who are not comfortable with having frozen embryos.
- Many women and couples choose mini-IVF because it tends to result in less chance of adverse reactions to the stimulation medications.
- Mini-IVF is also significantly less expensive than standard IVF (in vitro fertilization) because it requires lower doses of costly medications and fewer office visits.